February 27th, 2012
When Neil and Maria Empson arrived in Milan in 1970, Italy was not known for making quality wine. The country’s prestige was built on large quantities of cheap bulk wine. Neil and Maria soon discovered an overwhelming number of beautiful wines that had never left the country – in fact, most of them had never left the borders of the towns that they were produced in. The Empsons knew the world would discover these great wines sooner rather than later, so in 1972 Empson Selections was formed.
They established strong friendships with their growers and became a driving influence of the Super Tuscan revolution in the 1980s. Neil and Maria Empsons have spent nearly 40 years promoting Italian wine and are still at the forefront of developments; constantly adding exciting new producers to an unparalleled portfolio.
Latest posts by John Constantine (see all)
- Seghesio Expands With Russian River Vineyard Buy - October 29, 2014
- The “New” Old California wines. And what it means to you. - October 22, 2014
- Vintage Blue Chip Trade Shows – Cleveland - August 22, 2014
- Vintage Blue Chip Trade Shows – Cincinnati - August 22, 2014
- Vintage Blue Chip Trade Shows – Columbus - August 22, 2014
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.